Downloadable PDF: David Landon – Curriculum Vitae 2017
Fall 2016 – Present, Master of Music composition, Conservatory of Music and Dance, University of Missouri Kansas City (anticipated May 2018)
- Composition studies with Paul Rudy, Chen Yi, and James Mobberley
Fall 2010 – Fall 2012, Bachelor of Music composition, Cole Conservatory of Music, CSU Long Beach
- Composition studies with Martin Herman, Alan Shockley, and Adriana Verdié de Vas-Romero
August 2008 – June 2010, Student of Music, East Los Angeles City College – Associates Degree
- Applied Music Piano Student , private studies with Dr. Lucy Nargizyan
August 2004 – June 2008, Student of Architecture at Cuesta College, San Luis Obispo – Associates Degree
Honors and Awards:
CSULB 2012 Graduate, cum laude – Cumulative GPA 3.95/4.0
Elected for Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges, 2013
Recipient of Don Andrus Award and Scholarship, 2012
Member of Golden Key International Honour Society, 2010
Attained Eagle Scout Rank, Boy Scouts of America, 2003
2017 – University of Missouri, Kansas City
- Techniques of Electronic Music I, Digital Audio (course design, teacher of record). Introduction to electroacoustic music including a historical survey, general principles of acoustics, analog and digital signal, signal flow and processing, studio equipment, studio software, and principles of synthesis. Students were required to compose and perform works, and demonstrate ability to analyze electroacoustic works. Open to graduate and undergraduate students.
- Techniques of Electronic Music II, Midi (course design, teacher of record). Introduction to the language of MIDI and its use in fixed and live electronic works including studio hardware and software, signal routing, sampling, mixing, interface design and philosophy, and MIDI application in live performance.
Academic and Professional Positions:
August 2016 – Present, UMKC
- Composition Studio Manager
- Maintain and manage studio equipment, studio schedules, and assist with setup and live sound during performances, including the 2016 Exchange of Midwest Collegiate Composers conference. Technical experience with studio setup, stage setup, mixing board, live audio diffusion, computer audio and video, equipment maintenance, 10.1-channel theater, 8.1-channel studio and 2-channel studio.
March 2013 – Present, GPI Architects
- Project designer/Production Manager
- Custom Residential, Commercial, and Industrial Projects
January 2011 – June 2012, English as a Second Language Tutor; Cal State University, Long Beach Learning Assistance Center
- Individual tutoring in English speaking, grammar, reading, and writing skills
October 08 – December 08, Warner Brothers Inc.
- Intern in the Music department working with WB Music Legal and Music Supervisors
August 08 – 2010, Student Tutor of Music at East Los Angeles College
- Tutor of Music Theory – Harmony, Counterpoint, and Musicianship
September 05 – August 08, Rand Salke Architect & Associates
- Production Manager/Draftsman; projects ranging from custom residential to industrial
Writing and Research Projects:
2017 Behavior in Music: A Preliminary Definition and Exploration
Proposal of a new musicological method for further understanding music in terms of behavior as a byproduct of physiological and psychological development of the human hearing mechanism.
2016 Analysis of JONCHAIES: Le Grand Orchestre, Xenakis’ New DSP, A Grande Échelle (In Grand Time)
An analysis of Xenaxis’s work using concepts and terminology predominantly developed by electoacoustic composers of the 20th and 21st century.
Student Administration, and Performance Ensembles:
July 2017—Present, MaXaS Duo, Co-founder, Saxophone and Electronics improvisation duo.
Fall Term 2011 and 2012, President, CSULB Composer’s Guild
- Organized concerts with professional ensembles, such as Kronos Quartet, California E.A.R Unit, The Definiens Project, and The Robin Cox Ensemble
Fall Term 2012, Program Coordinator, CSULB College of the Arts Student Council
- Organize showcase events for the College of the Arts
- Launched initiative that utilizes collaborative events to unify the College of the Arts
April 09 – Dec. 2014, Cathedral of our Lady of the Angeles
- Cathedral Choir Member, under the direction of Frank Brownstead
June 2010 – Present, Member of the David Brother’s Band; pianist
Max/MSP; Finale; Sibelius; Digital Performer; Logic; WaveLab; Ableton Live; Adobe Creative Suite; Mac, Windows, and Linux OS; Experience with Python and BASH Scripts
English – fluent (native) Spanish – conversational
Music Composition; Music Cognition, Psychoacoustics, and Perception; Architectural Design; Teaching; Acoustic Design; Architectural Determinism; Cosmology; Woodworking; Antique Automobile Restoration; Sailing